Pet Food Bank Program
Lost Our Home’s Pet Food Bank helps families who are struggling to feed their pets.
We can provide pet food and potentially other items (depending on availability) required to sustain your pet’s health. A helping hand during hard times means you can keep your pet as a loving member of your family. If you or someone you know needs help feeding their pet, our Pet Food Bank may be your answer.
How to Request Help
Please complete and sign the application below and a Lost Our Home staff member will be in contact with you within 48 hours regarding application status. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
5:30After approval, food is available for pick up during our regular business hours. If you are unable to come to our shelter to pick up your food, you may request delivery on the application. Delivery is NOT guaranteed. Delivery is completed solely by volunteers; therefore, we are unable to guarantee if/when a delivery will occur.
One we receive your form, we will contact you within 72 hours to let you know if you qualify for this program. If you do not hear from us in 72 hours, please be patient as we rely on volunteers to make the program work. If you qualify, you will be given an appointment day/time to pick up your one-month supply of food, litter, or other items.
Pet Food Bank Program Requirements:
- Proper identification will be required for pick up.
- A new application must be completed each time you need assistance.
- Only one application per household will be permitted.
- Assistance can be provided for up to six animals.
- Assistance can be provided up to six times, with at least 30 days in between each time of assistance.
- You cannot add any animals to your household while utilizing this program.
- All animals in the household must be spayed or neutered in order to receive assistance (if pets require spay or neuter surgery, we do work with a partnering organization to get them altered).
- If you are a participant in this program you will not be able to adopt a pet through Lost Our Home for a period of six months after discontinuing the use of the Pet Food Bank program.
- You must be able to demonstrate financial need for pet food assistance.
- Eligibility to receive pet food through the program will be determined at the sole discretion of Lost Our Home.
Breaking any of the above rules will result in disqualification from the program.