Do You Love Pets? We Need You!
You Can Make A Difference!
Volunteers are critical to the success of Lost Our Home. We wouldn’t be able to care for the thousands of pets who have relied on us over the years if it wasn’t for the time, talent, and incredible support of so many caring people. We continually desire to expand our volunteer community. No matter what skills or expertise you have, there are many ways to volunteer at Lost Our Home.
We have youth, adult and group volunteer opportunities.
“I love feeling like I can make a difference with both the pets and the people that Lost Our Home helps.”
– Adriana N.
Who Can Volunteer at Our Facility?
- Youth (8 and up)
- Groups of five or more (currently on-hold due to COVID)
Our many volunteer opportunities include:
- Animal Socialization
- Indoor Treadmill Program
- Offsite Events
- Animal Care Assistance
- Animal Transport
- Off-site Adoption Location Support
- Administrative/Clerical Support
- Pet Foodbank Support
- Marketing & Photography
- Special Events
- Use Your Imagination to Get Creative to Raise Fund or Help Pets
- We cannot sign off on court-ordered community service hours
Volunteer Requirements for Adults & Youth
- Ages 8-15 are welcome to volunteer at the shelter but must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at all times. Orientation and training classes are required. Certain restrictions apply.
- Ages 16 or older may volunteer independently at the shelter (with a signed parental waiver). Certain restrictions apply
- If you are interested in handling animals, we ask that you commit to giving at least six hours per month for at least six months. (Short-term volunteering and one-day service projects are available upon request.)
- Questions? Please contact the Volunteer Manager at Volunteering@lostourhome.org or (602) 445-7397.
How to start
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Lost Our Home Pet Rescue!
Questions? Please contact us at Volunteering@lostourhome.org!
- Click the link at the bottom of this page (Apply to Become a Volunteer) to create your volunteer profile and complete your registration
- Sign the waiver – under 18 requires a parent/guardian signature!
- Attend volunteer Orientation
- Complete Shelter Maintenance First Shift to learn the duties and get to know the shelter, then complete two (2) Shelter Maintenance shifts
- Sign up for Green Paw Cat or Dog training session – you’ll be able to handle animals after you complete this training!
- Commit to volunteer at least six (6) hours a month for at least six (6) consecutive months.