Group Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in bringing your enthusiasm to Lost Our Home Pet Rescue to volunteer. We create gratifying, hands-on volunteer experiences tailored for your group that everyone will remember long after they leave!
We Typically Enlist Groups To Help With Various Tasks:
- Animal Book Club (Youth Group Opportunity)
- Deep Cleaning Projects
- Indoor and Outdoor Maintenance
- Painting/Building Projects
- Pet Food Bank Assistance
- Pet Care Assistance
- Pet Enrichment Projects (Adult and Youth Group Opportunities available)
- Sorting Animal Toys and Food
- Stuffing Adoption Packets
- To provide the most meaningful experience for every group interested in volunteering, we limit approved requests to two (2) group service assignments per month.
- Lost Our Home considers a variety of factors when deciding whether to approve a request. These include, but are not limited to:
- organizational capacity
- strategic goals
- staff & volunteer availability
- and relationship with the organization/individual submitting the request.
- Applications must be submitted at least six (6) weeks in advance of when you would like to schedule your visit, although please understand available times may be longer than 6 weeks out and not all requested dates could be available. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Your group must consist of five (5) – ten (10) people. Anything over 10 people at one time would be hard to accommodate for a great volunteer experience.
- Any children in the group should be at least 8 years of age. Please give advance notice if there will be anyone under the age of 18 attending.
- There must be one adult (18+) present for every 3 minors.
- Two (2) hours minimum per group day is required.
Other Ways to Help
Along with volunteering directly at the shelter, there are various other many ways that you can help pets every day from the comfort of your own home, workplace, schools or community. Here are various ways to help:
- Host a fundraiser/adoption event at your place of business.
- Organize a donation/supply drive at your place of business, community, or school. We are always in need of food, toys, treats, leashes, and harnesses, among many other items. See our wish list for specific organizational needs.
- Sponsor a pet: Set your fundraising goals to sponsor a pet or to raise money for pet medical costs.
- Become a Pet Ambassador! A Pet Ambassador is an advocate for an adoptable dog or cat. You can become a pet ambassador individually or as a group by visiting the pet of your choice, taking photos, passing out or posting flyers, decorating their kennels, and more!
- Name a pet! Work with your group to come up with a fun and unique list of pet names and receive direct updates when your named pets are adopted. ($5 donation per requested name.)
- Get creative: Host a group craft/painting party/enrichment-making project to make blankets or toys for the pets in our care. Example: One group did a KONG drive for us and delivered them to the shelter already stuffed and frozen.
- Workplace Giving: Many employers sponsor workplace-giving campaigns where employees can elect to make payroll deductions to selected charities. Encourage your employer to participate in such a campaign and ask for Lost Our Home to be your charitable donation of choice. What an easy way to help homeless pets find the care and compassion they need! Be sure to check if your company matches workplace gifts, enabling your donation to have greater impact.
Let us come to YOU!
We are happy to come to your workplace with an animal ambassador and make presentations about the important work we do to help pet parents and animals each year.