Group Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in bringing your business, community, or organization to Lost Our Home Pet Rescue to volunteer. We create a gratifying, hands-on volunteer experience tailored for your group that everyone will remember long after they leave!
We Typically Enlist Groups To Help With Various Tasks:
- Animal Book Club (Youth Group Opportunity)
- Deep Cleaning Projects
- Indoor and Outdoor Maintenance
- Painting/Building Projects
- Pet Food Bank Assistance
- Pet Care Assistance
- Pet Enrichment Projects (Adult and Youth Group Opportunities available)
- Scavenger Hunts (Youth Group Opportunity)
- Sorting Animal Toys and Food
- Stuffing Adoption Packets
- To provide the most meaningful experience for every group interested in serving, we limit approved requests to two (2) group service assignments per month.
- Lost Our Home considers a variety of factors when deciding whether to approve a request. These include, but are not limited to: organizational capacity, strategic goals, staff & volunteer availability, and relationship with the organization/individual submitting the request.
- Applications must be submitted at least four weeks in advance of the first day of the month when you would like to schedule your visit.
- Applications submitted after the deadline may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Your group must consist of at least five people.
- Any children in the group should be at least seven years of age. Please give advance notice if there will be any one under the age of eighteen attending.
- There must be one adult (18+) present for every four minors.
- Three-hour minimum per group day is required.
- Please make arrangements at least two weeks in advance of the date you are requesting. Please note not all requested dates will be available.
Other Ways to Help
Along with volunteering directly at the shelter, there are various other many ways that you can help pets every day from the comfort of your own home, workplace, or community. Here are various ways to help:
- Host a fundraiser/adoption event at your organization or place of business.
- Organize a donation/supply drive at your place of business, community, or organization. We are always in need of food, toys, treats, leashes, and harnesses, among many other items. See our wish list for specific organizational needs.
- Sponsor a pet: Set your fundraising goals to sponsor a pet or to raise money for pet medical costs.
- Become a Pet Ambassador! A Pet Ambassador is an advocate for an adoptable dog or cat. You can become a pet ambassador individually or with as a group by visiting the pet of your choice, taking photos, passing out or posting flyers, decorating their kennels, and more!
- Name a pet! Work with your group to come up with a fun and unique list of pet names and receive direct updates when your named pets are adopted. ($5 donation per requested name.)
- Get creative: Host a group craft/painting party/enrichment-making project to make blankets or toys for the pets in our care. Example: One group did a KONG drive for us and delivered them to the shelter already stuffed and frozen.
- Recycle: Plastic yogurt cups and paper towel/toilet paper rolls are great for pet enrichment projects.
- Workplace Giving: Many employers sponsor workplace-giving campaigns through which employees can elect to make payroll deductions to selected charities. Encourage your employer to participate in such a campaign and ask for Lost Our Home to be your charitable donation of choice. What an easy way to help homeless pets find the care and compassion they need! Be sure to check if your company matches workplace gifts, enabling your donation to have greater impact.
Let us come to YOU!
We are happy to come to your workplace with an animal ambassador and make presentations about the important work we do to help pet parents and animals each year.