Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in helping pets!
Volunteering is a wonderful way to learn, have fun, and give back to your community. We are one of the few pet rescues in the Valley that allows children under the age of 16 to be a part of our volunteer programs. We recognize the importance of instilling the values of compassion and responsibility at a young age, which is why kids ages 7 to 15, who are accompanied by their parent, can volunteer with our dogs and cats. We have frequent visits from local Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops, elementary, middle school, and high school students who collect donations and participate in other improvement projects to benefit Lost Our Home.
Along with volunteering directly at the shelter, there are various other many ways that you can help pets every day from the comfort of your own home, workplace, school or community.
Check out these fun ideas to help pets at Lost Our Home:
Kids are Welcome to Volunteer
- Kids ages 8-15 MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times (parents MUST complete minor waiver when creating volunteer profile).
At least 16 years of age to volunteer without an adult present (parents MUST complete minor waiver when creating volunteer profile).
- Check out our Youth Volunteering requirements and opportunities Page
- If you are interested in handling animals: Complete Orientation, three Shelter Maintenance shifts, then complete Green Paw Cat or Dog training.
1. Complete orientation.
2. 6 hours of shelter maintenance.
3. Complete cat or dog training.
4. Help around the shelter and socialize cats or dogs!