Become a Foster Parent
Share Your Heart and Home
For every foster pet parent that opens their heart and home to a pet, that is another pet saved from further suffering. A foster pet parent takes in the pet as their own, loving them and caring for all their daily needs, while helping them adapt to a new home.
Lost Our Home provides foster pet parents with all the necessary items required to foster, including food, bowls, beds, leashes, blankets, carriers, kennels, and even bottles and milk replacements for our bottle fed kittens! As a foster pet parent you’ll have everything you need to care for your foster pet.
As a foster pet parent, you’ll have the opportunity to talk to potential adopters to inform them of all the details you’ve learned about your foster pet during your fostering experience. Vital information such as the personality or temperament of the pet is important to share to ensure the pet is right for their new forever family.
We need immediate fosters for the following:
- Dogs and cats available for adoption that don’t acclimate well to shelter life. These animals show off their personalities much better in a home environment!
- Fosters for our Temporary Care Program (TCP) animals. Our TCP program lasts up to 90 days and the more animals in this program that go to foster homes, the more kennels we can open to new, adoptable dogs and cats.
- Kitten fosters: During kitten season (usually late April/early May to the end of August) we need foster who can either:
- Foster underage kittens (without their mothers) who require bottle feeding.
- Foster underage kittens and the mother until they are ready for adoption (typically 8 weeks and 2 lbs.)
- Foster underage kittens who are eating solid food but still may be too young to be at the shelter (need to be at least 8 weeks and 2 lbs.)
- If you’re interested in becoming a foster, please complete the application below. Thank you!