We’re Having a Grand Opening!
Wow. Lost Our Home’s Grand Opening is almost here and I don’t even know what to wear! I’m the official mascot and already should have gone shopping with my mommy but she has been so busy trying to put together the whole celebration. It’s going to be a day that everyone will remember.
I’m so excited. It’s going to be the bestest party ever! I’ve never been to a Grand Opening, but I hear they are very fun. Since I’m so happy, I especially love to have fun.
Mommy said we’ll have a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. I don’t know what that is or why they want to cut pretty ribbons since they look so good in my hair, but what do I know?
Grand Opening Secrets Revealed
From my doggie bed in mommy’s office, I overhear A LOT of secret stuff. I don’t know if I’m supposed to tell, but I
know you can keep a secret. Not to mention, I’m official and all, so I’m sure it would be OK.
So let’s see. I overheard that we are having lots of fun things:
· a radio station called KNIX 102.5 playing music so I can do my happy dance
· face painting by Valley Honda Dealerships. But I don’t need any face paint since I’m already pretty.
· We’ll also have a Cat Tree Trunk Show by Woody’s Workshop. They have the latest fashionable designs in cat trees for all my kitty cat friends. You just know I’m all about fashion!
· The dogs and cats will have their own food, but the people can get some tasty treats from the Roasted Shallot food truck.
· Photographer on-site with studio setup to take professional pet photos. Yes, I’m ready for my close up!
· Oh, oh, and most important: We will have dog and cat adoptions. All my good dog and cat friends at Lost Our Home need new, loving forever homes. So spread the word.
· And, of course, everyone can tour the new shelter. I gave it a walk-through, and boy does it look great. We have so many volunteers working every day to make this the best home ever for all my friends until they find their forever homes. Thank you volunteers. I love you.
You know what else? I don’t know if I should say … OK, I will. We have special guests and everything. I am going to rub noses with some very special guests like Tempe Police Chief Tom Ryff, Council Member Shana Ellis, Council Member Kolby Granville and Chamber President/CEO Mary Ann Miller. It’s not easy being famous, but I try. It’s definitely a dog’s life.
See you tomorrow, Saturday, April 5. And don’t forget! Make sure you bring your dogs. Lots of photo ops!
Anyway, I have to run. I have a spa appointment at Villa La Paws.